A Quick Update: New Firmware & The Road Ahead
We hope all of you had an enjoyable holiday season, and are kicking off the New Year happy and healthy! The beginning of a new year is the best time to start fresh and on the right foot – GoBe is here to help.
As you know, our team is always working on improvements to GoBe. The firmware update we released today, which is currently available for download with the help of the Healbe GoBe App, will further advance the way GoBe measures your calorie intake and more. Thanks to your feedback, we were able to develop a new algorithm that offers a significant improvement in the calculation of your calories after they have been digested.
What this means for you:
After you begin eating, GoBe will start displaying your consumed calories within the Energy section of the app, as it always has. After you’re finished eating, however, is where you will see a new feature. Once GoBe recognizes your body’s digestion process is complete, it will automatically recalculate the total number of calories, giving you an even more accurate depiction of your energy balance.
GoBe & Healbe’s FLOW Technology measure your calorie intake using two methods:
1) GoBe’s impedance sensor directly measures calorie intake as food is being digested by analyzing the glucose levels in your cells.
2) An advanced algorithm further analyzes all data collected from the sensor once digestion is complete and calculates the final number of calories.
By improving the algorithm that analyzes the total number of calories you’ve consumed, we are providing you with an even more accurate picture of your body’s energy balance.
Other new & upcoming features
After days of research and testing, we can now deliver you better accuracy for smaller meals and snacks (100 calories +). We’ve included a reminder below on how you can make sure GoBe accurately measures the food and beverages you consume.
What’s more, Android users can now see separate calorie readings for each meal they consume (update for iOS will available soon).
This is a big step for us, and we would love to hear about your experience with it. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback. iOS users, follow us on Facebook , Twitter and of course right here on our blog to learn when this feature will be available for you.
For maximum accuracy, please follow these instructions:
1. For meals or caloric beverages ranging approximately from 100 to 800 calories:
- Before eating or drinking, press the button on your wristband for 2 seconds until it reads ‘FOOD.’
- If you forgot to press the button, you can confirm the time interval within the app, to log when you started eating.
!!! Please only raise the flag that indicates the 15 minute interval during which you started to eat, and deny all others).
2. For multiple course meals:
- Before each course, you can press the button on your device OR select the time intervals on the app within the meal history editor. (The time in between each meal should be 30 minutes or more.)
Please note: While GoBe is able to measure calorie intake with 85% accuracy for foods between 100-800 calories, this margin of error may increase if the above steps are not followed properly. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. Our support team is happy to help!
*Scroll on down for a reminder on how to update the firmware on your device! (Important note: please make sure you have installed the latest version of the app before attempting to download the firmware: Apple App Store and Google Play store)
New Year, New You: 2016 and Beyond
The next steps on our journey to a healthy and balanced life include many more new and exciting features that we can’t wait to share with you. Here’s what you can expect to see in 2016:
- Improved accuracy when eating a large meal in a short period of time
- GoBe will get to know you better: All measurements will be further calibrated to the user’s own body characteristics
Thanks for all of your support over the past year. It’s been an adventure, and we are excited to help you stay healthy throughout the New Year!
The Healbe Team
*Here’s an easy, step-by-step guide on how to start the installation updates to your GoBe device:
1. Hold your GoBe close to the device you are pairing it with.
2. Log in to your GoBe app and connect to your device.
3. Place the GoBe sensor unit on its charger (if battery level is lower than 50%).
4. Click the wristband icon on the app’s home screen.
5. Locate the Healbe™ logo.
6. The message “Update Available” will appear.
7. Click “Install.”
Please note that while the Healbe GoBe bracelet is designed to provide you with information about the conditions and trends in the physical state of your body, Healbe GoBe is not meant to be used as a medical device and should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease; also note that it should not be used as a substitution for expert medical advice. Healbe GoBe measures the basic characteristics of your body using unique technology and algorithms to provide you with accurate data (including consumed and burned calories, step count and distance walked, energy balance, sleep quality, stress level, and heart-rate), but the accuracy of the GoBe's readings depends on the accuracy of the personal data you put in your profile and whether or not you are using the GoBe correctly.
Healbe recommends that you always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health expert with any questions you may have regarding a health condition, diet, or physical fitness program.
Next Article →