Go Be a better you this summer with healthy tips from Healbe™
Monitor how these healthy lifestyle changes are impacting your well-being with Healbe GoBe™, the 100% Automatic Body Manager™
The warmer months are upon us, which means we need to strategically change the way we go about our daily routine. Once the temperature rises, our bodies require a different type of TLC. To make sure you are treating your body right and are functioning in optimal health, follow some of our health tips!
1. Stay hydrated when you are out in the heat. Most people require about two to three quarts of liquid per day. Losing even one percent of your body weight in water has a major impact on your physical and mental health. If you are working out, make sure you consume 16 ounces of a sports drink one hour before you begin, and then drink five to eight ounces every 20 minutes while exercising. Sports drinks replace the electrolytes you lose in your sweat and also increase your water absorption rate, helping you stay hydrated. Do not forget that coffee, alcohol, and sugary drinks have the opposite effect.
2. Don’t skip breakfast! Your body needs proteins and carbohydrates to kick-start your metabolism in the morning. Not eating enough throughout the day can result in a decline in metabolism and bone mass, a reduction in testosterone levels, an inability to concentrate, and a decrease in physical performance. GoBe will help track your daily energy balance to ensure you are taking in and burning enough calories to achieve your wellness goals.
3. Summer is supposed to be a time when you can relax and enjoy the beautiful weather, and any amount of stress can ruin that. In fact, too much stress can slow down your thinking process and negatively impact your heart and stomach. Regular exercise has been shown to alleviate this tension; take advantage of the extra daylight hours this season and go for a run or walk at a time that works with your schedule.
4. If you are spending a day in the sunshine, avoid high-sodium snacks that can lower your hydration level and prohibit your body from regulating its body temperature. Instead of giving into the temptation of these calorie-laden fried foods, pack bags of healthy treats like watermelon and raspberries, which contain greater amounts of lycopene – a nutrient that helps protect your skin from harmful sun rays.
5. Getting a good night’s rest is imperative to your body’s recuperating process. While you are in your deepest sleep, blood flow to your muscles becomes more active, as does growth hormone secretion. GoBe helps monitor how much rest you are getting by tracking your sleep patterns each night. If you find it needs improving, there are different practices you can try to promote relaxation before bed. One method is called imagery training, in which you visualize a relaxing environment that distracts your thinking. Progressive muscle relaxation involves tensing and relaxing muscle groups, which reduces stress and promotes relaxation.
Once you have implemented these healthy lifestyle changes, GoBe offers an effortless way to keep tabs on how they are impacting your well-being. Simply put it on your wrist and…
Please note that Healbe is not responsible for any content that purports to give medical advice or advice regarding fitness training, exercise, or diet. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and prior to starting a diet or physical fitness program.
Next Article →