Be Sure to Update Your Firmware & App: Improved Algorithms for Better Results, and a Better You!
In our last blog post, we shared some of the great improvements that have been made to our app. Now, we are excited to offer you two major updates: 100% Automatic Hydration Level Tracking, and a New Meal History Editor Interface with an improved algorithm for calorie measurement. To use these new features and get the most of your GoBe experience, you will need to install a firmware update on your device, along with the most recent version of the app.
First things first
Updating the firmware will erase any data your GoBe has recorded for that day, so be sure to begin the installation first thing in the morning!
Here’s an easy, step-by-step guide on how to start the installation updates to your GoBe device:
1. Hold your GoBe close to the device you are pairing it with.
2. Log in to your GoBe app and connect to your device.
3. Place the GoBe sensor unit on its charger (if battery level is lower than 50%).
4. Click the wristband icon on the app’s home screen.
5. Locate the Healbe™ logo.
6. The message “Update Available” will appear.
7. Click “Install.”
What You Need To Know
New Meal History Editor Interface:
Now, we’re giving you the ability to easily confirm or deny mealtimes within the app. We’ve also improved our algorithms for calorie intake measurement.
Here’s what you need to know:
- For meals or caloric beverages ranging from 100 to 800 calories:
- Before eating or drinking, press the button on your wristband for 2 seconds until it reads ‘FOOD’.
- If you forgot to press the button, you can confirm the time interval within the app, to log when you started eating (rise just one flag of right period of time and deny all others).
- For longer meals: press the button before you begin eating, and then again every 20 minutes until you are finished. OR, select the time interval at which you started eating within the meal history editor, and all time intervals during which you ate. Please make sure you account for the full duration of the meal and select all intervals during which you continued to eat.
- For large, high calorie meals (more than 800 calories): press the button on your device before eating and then immediately again after you finish, OR select both time intervals that you started and finished eating within the App
!!! Please make sure GoBe is turned on, worn appropriately, and in contact with your skin at least 15-20 minutes before a meal (if you wear your GoBe more than 30-45 minutes before a meal it may give more precise results)
!!! You do not need to press the FOOD button or confirm the mealtime interval within the app for food and beverages containing less than 100 calories
100% Automatic Hydration Level Tracking:
Now, GoBe will deliver your overall hydration level, including water taken in from food and beverages, without requiring you to tell it anything.
Here’s what you need to know:
- GoBe determines your body’s normal level of hydration by gathering data from its impedance sensor. This process can take up to 2 days, so it’s important for you to continuously wear your GoBe during this time.
- GoBe may begin displaying your hydration level and encouraging you to DRINK as early as 1 hour after you install the firmware update. Please continue to drink water as you usually would during this time, as it will take GoBe up to 2 days to determine your body’s normal level of hydration. When your wristband vibrates and reads DRINK*, it is recommended that you drink an average amount** of any beverage you choose (mineral water / or any non-caffeinated beverage). If the bracelet is triggered (vibrates and reads DRINK) again, it means your overall hydration level is still LOW.
- If you drank and ate food with a high water content during your last meal, GoBe may still alert you to DRINK. This is because water absorption from food takes a couple of hours.
- If GoBe determines your body’s hydration level is low, your wristband and display will read LOW. Once you have consumed enough water through eating and drinking, GoBe will recognize you have returned to a NORM (normal) state of hydration.
- If GoBe indicates your hydration level is LOW, it does not mean you are in a medical state of acute dehydration. Healbe FLOW Technology recognizes your hydration level as reduced long before it becomes dangerous. The goal of GoBe’s automatic hydration level tracking is to warn of water loss before it negatively impacts your health.
- Always be sure to keep your GoBe sensor dry by wiping it clean if it is exposed to any water (bathing, swimming, sweat, etc.). Any moisture on the sensor might cause GoBe to read your hydration level as LOW.
- This feature will only become available within the App after GoBe’s firmware has been updated. Hydration level information can be viewed on your smartphone in the relevant section of the updated smartphone application.
- After the firmware update, you’ll find a new category on your GoBe wristband display - WATER (Hydration) and 4 types of notifications:
NORM - if hydration is normal
LOW - if hydration is low
N/A - no data about hydration due to a bad connection with your skin
CALC - data about your hydration level is being collected. Readings will begin to appear 30 to 90 minutes after you start wearing GoBe. A bad connection may increase this time.
* You can set up the time period you prefer to receive alerts about your LOW hydration level within the Healbe GoBe App. Once a time frame is selected, GoBe will only vibrate and display DRINK during those hours.
** You can set up the average water volume you consume per drink withinthe Healbe GoBe App (it could be any number from 50ml/2oz to 400ml/20oz)
Now that you’ve updated both your Healbe app and your GoBe device, you’re ready to continue tracking your progress for improved health, and are free to…
Please note that while the Healbe GoBe bracelet is designed to provide you with information about the conditions and trends in the physical state of your body, Healbe GoBe is not meant to be used as a medical device and should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease; also note that it should not be used as a substitution for expert medical advice. Healbe GoBe measures the basic characteristics of your body using unique technology and algorithms to provide you with accurate data (including consumed and burned calories, step count and distance walked, energy balance, sleep quality, stress level, and heart-rate), but the accuracy of the GoBe's readings depends on the accuracy of the personal data you put in your profile and whether or not you are using the GoBe correctly.
Healbe recommends that you always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health expert with any questions you may have regarding a health condition, diet, or physical fitness program.
Next Article →